Friday, July 04, 2008

Differing Views on German Mat Club

In a recent thoughtful post on Female Fight Theater, the author shared his view on German Mat Club (GMC) videos:

"But the first picture I saw of a match in the raw has been from a fight from Beka, the producer from Germany, and that some time before the naked video. And I liked the pictures. So, I was anxious when I had the opportunity to watch for the first time a full video from Beka. I have to confess that I got disappointed. The fighters were nude, they were attractive if not stunning, they wanted victory, the fight was not scripted, but... it was boring! Maybe they lacked some viciousness, maybe it was the... boots! That caused me a strange impression: why those fully unclothed girls had to use shoes? To avoid a cold in the harsh German winter?

[video clip omitted]

Along the time, I had the opportunity of watching other Beka videos, like the ones below, shot in a gym, with no boots at all! But unfortunately the boredom was the same. [video clip omitted]"

I have no quarrel with the author's view and his posting inspired me to share a few of my thoughts as to the now defunct GMC. First off, I think it's interesting that we have both focused on the GMC having its nude lady wrestlers wear wrestling shoes. My previously posted thoughts on the subject show that there's a real diversity of views within our community:

"I discovered the German Mat Club early in my fascination with women's wrestling, and perhaps that's why I'm particularly partial to ladies wrestling nude or topless while wearing calf-high wrestling boots. The shoes not only protect the ladies' feet and toes, but their attire lends a seriousness of purpose to their efforts."

I will venture a guess that, for many of us, GMC was one of our earliest exposure to competitive and erotic female wrestling. The women were certainly not Southern California beautiful. But it was that they looked like the "girl next door" (so long as you lived in Bavaria, but that's just a quibble) while wrestling naked with an obvious desire to win is what captivated me. Here's a short clip of one of my favorites, Alexandra, going up against a heavier and more experienced Sandra. I didn't find the action boring (and still don't), and in particular I found Alexandra's intensity particularly enthralling.

3 comments:

Fouled up Don said...

I agree! Thank you for posting that clip; it's great. I don't really remember either of the women (from seeing other GMC stuff) but they seem to be doing a pretty good job. I certainly don't notice the boots! LOL Too busy looking at the rest of their outfits and the struggle they were having.

Anonymous said...

The clip is great. Do you know if Karine who wrestled with GMC, DWW and fighting style is still wrestling.

Anonymous said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually something that I think I would never understand.
It seems too complicated and extremely broad for
me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get
the hang of it!

Feel free to surf to my web page registry cleaner review